Our mission is to provide high quality professional services to every client, and to foster the development of our employees' careers and the professions of engineering, surveying, and architecture.
The firm was founded in 1946 as Scott Engineering Company by Professional Engineer and Licensed Surveyor, Robert S. Scott. The company was incorporated as R. S. Scott Engineering Co., Inc. in 1956. In 1976 the name was changed to R.S. Scott Associates, Inc., to reflect the firms diversity of disciplines.
The RSSA staff includes 15-20 professional and technical personnel in both general and specialized fields. The firm has five registered engineers and a registered architect. We coordinate our work with other professionals such as Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Landscape Architects on a subcontract basis.
For over 70 years, R.S. Scott Associates has built and maintained a solid professional engineering reputation through service to our clients locally and in most of Michigan's 83 counties.
Bridges, including several types of grade separations
Buildings & Architectural Projects
Miles of Road designed
Mark D. Straley, P.E., President
Susan P. Edwards, AIA
Construction Engineering Supervisors
St. Ignace Branch
Brian P. Olsen, P.E.
Main Office - Alpena, MI
405 River Street
Alpena, MI 49707
Branch Office - St. Ignace, MI
Second Floor, City Hall
St. Ignace, Michigan 49781
To apply for a job with R.S. Scott Associates, please send a cover letter together with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org